David E. Bank, M.D., FAAD
A board-certified dermatologist in Westchester, NY, Dr. David E. Bank is founder and director of The Center for Dermatology, Cosmetic and Laser Surgery. He has been practicing for over 25 years. As a respected authority in the field of medical and cosmetic dermatology, Dr. Bank is a principal investigator for dermatology FDA clinical trials. He is often a featured expert in the local and national media, appearing on television and in websites, magazines, and newspapers. These efforts reflect his commitment to helping his patients have healthy, beautiful skin for life.
To meet with Dr. Bank at The Center for Dermatology, Cosmetic and Laser Surgery in Westchester, NY, request a consultation online or call (914) 241-3003 for an appointment.
- Founder and Director, The Center for Dermatology, Cosmetic and Laser Surgery
- Graduate of Yale University and Columbia University
- Certified by the American Board of Dermatology
- More than 25 years of experience performing BOTOX treatments
- Author of Beautiful Skin: Every Woman's Guide to Looking Her Best at Any Age
- Principal investigator for many FDA dermatology clinical trials, including uses for BOTOX® Cosmetic, JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC, and Restylane®
Every Woman’s Guide to Looking Her Best at Any Age
Dr. David Bank's book, "Beautiful Skin" details the latest techniques and products for appearance enhancement for every concern, from crow's feet to love handles, hair loss to laser surgery. "Beautiful Skin" is available now in your favorite bookstore.
American Academy of Dermatology, December, 1989
- Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, M.D., 1985
- Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, B.A., cum laude, Philosophy, 1981
- Residency in Dermatology, Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital and Medical Center, New York, New York, July 1986-June 1989
- Internship in Internal Medicine, Montefiore Hospital and Medical Center, Bronx, New York, July 1985-June 1986
- Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, New York, New York
- Attending - Department of Dermatology
- Assistant Clinical Professor in Dermatology
- Northern Westchester Hospital Center, Mount Kisco, New York
- Attending in Dermatology
- Division of Dermatology – Past Chief
- New York State Society for Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery Society: Past-President and Member of Board of Directors
- Westchester County Medical Society: Past President, Member Board of Directors, Chairman Legislation Committee
- New York State Commissioner of Health's Special Task Force for developing safety guidelines for office-based surgery
- Founding Member, Amonette Circle, Skin Cancer Foundation
- Dermatology Foundation Leader's Society – Vice Chairman
- American Academy of Dermatology: Fellow
- Medical Society of the State of New York: Member
- American Medical Association: Member
- American Society of Dermatologic Surgery: Member and Preceptor
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery: Member
- American Society of Liposuction Surgery: Member
People come to our practice specifically for BOTOX treatments by Dr. Bank because he is known in Westchester and beyond for providing consistently attractive, natural-looking results. A few reasons to choose Dr. Bank:
- He has performed BOTOX treatments for over 25 years.
- He serves approximately 15 to 20 BOTOX patients per day.
- He also serves as a BOTOX National Education Faculty Member.
- He offers BOTOX treatment for excessive sweating, as well.
As an experienced medical dermatologist, Dr. Bank understands the skin from the inside out. He draws from this knowledge when recommending cosmetic procedures to rejuvenate the skin and enhance facial and body contours. Patients have a range of options:
- Injectable treatments, such as wrinkle relaxers (neuromodulators) including BOTOX, Dysport®, and XEOMIN®
- Dermal fillers including Restylane, JUVÉDERM®, RADIESSE®, VOLUMA, VOLBELLA , Sculptra® and BELOTERO®
- Fraxel® laser
- Laser treatment of wrinkles, broken blood vessels, age spots, rosacea, scars, fine lines, hair, skin resurfacing, photodynamic therapy and stretchmarks
- All types of chemical peels (glycolic, Jessner, TCA, Jessner/Efudex)
- Tumescent and power-assisted liposuction
- Sclerotherapy (treatment of leg veins)
- Microdermabrasion (Dermapeel)
- Silhouette Deep Massage (cellulite treatment)
Professional and Advisory Appointments
- Expert witness for Federal Trade Commission – multiple cases from October 2000 to present
- Journal of Drugs in Dermatology – International Editorial Board
- BOTOX National Education Faculty – Allergan
- JUVÉDERM Advisory Council Consultant – Allergan
- Shape Magazine – Advisory Board
- Healthy Living Magazine – Dermatologic Advisor
- The 2012 South Beach Clinical Dermatology Symposium – South Beach Aesthetics Symposium – February 2012
- "Advanced Live Patient Workshop: Fillers & Toxins I
- "Aesthetics Innovations II": Toxins and Fillers in Clinical Practice
- The 2009 South Beach Clinical Dermatology Symposium – South Beach Aesthetics Symposium – February, 2009
- "Advanced Live Patient Work Using Small and Large Particle NASHA for Cosmetic Enhancement and Aesthetic Innovations Volume Replacement with Fillers"
- "Advanced Laser, Light, Radio Frequency Workshop on New and Updated Devices"
- "Filler and Toxins: Reducing Complications"
- American Academy of Dermatology, August, 2007, Guest Lecturer, "Live Patient Demonstration – Botulinum Toxin and Fillers: An Interactive, Experimental Session"
- Facial Volume & Restoration/Rejuvenation, Restylane, Perlane – Medicis, CME Lecturer, Atlanta, GA, June 2007
- "Liposuction in the Patient Over 40 Years", Featured Speaker, Symposium on Body Augmentation and Contouring – American Academy Of Cosmetic Surgery, October 10-12, 2003
- "Liposuction-A Dermatologist's Perspective", Guest Lecturer, Institute for Aesthetic Surgery, Northern Westchester Hospital, Mount Kisco, New York, February 26, 2001
- Grand Rounds – Jacobi Hospital, Albert Einstein College of Medicine-Department of Pediatrics – "Pediatric Dermatological Emergencies" December 1, 2000
- "Facial Rejuvenation: The New York Experience", Guest Lecturer, Seminar #110 at the Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Dermatology, New York City, New York – July/August 1999
- "Body Sculpting", Guest Lecturer, Seminar #107 at the Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Dermatology, New York City, New York – July/August 1999
- "Skin Retraction Following Liposuction", Guest Lecturer, Annual Meeting of the International Society of Derm Surgery, Salvador, Brazil – October, 1998
- "Lasers in Aesthetic Surgery", Course Instructor, HGM Laser Course, Iselin, New Jersey – March 7, 1998
Dr. Bank serves as the principal investigator for the clinical trials conducted at our center, including the following:
- FDA Trial – Allergan: Dapsone Gel for acne vulgaris
- FDA Trial – Allergan: Volbella for Lip Filler
- FDA Trial – Medicis: Product 49778 & 10156 for seborrheic dermatitis
- FDA Trial – Medicis: Perlane-L Midface Trial
- FDA Trial – Allergan: BOTOX Cosmetic (crow's feet)
- FDA Trial – Galderma: Emervel Classic
- FDA Trial – Medicis: Reloxin-Dysport
- JUVÉDERM: Filler for Fine Lines and Wrinkles
- FDA Trial – Medicis: Restylane for Lip Filler
- Aldara: Treatment for Pre-Cancerous Lesions
- Raptiva: Treatment for Psoriasis
- FDA Trial – Allergan: Julido (Juvederm XC)
- FDA Trial – Restylane with Lidocaine
- FDA Trial – Perlane with Lidocaine
Find Dr. Bank on Google +