At The Center for Dermatology, Cosmetic and Laser Surgery, we conduct both medical and cosmetic studies of treatments and products for the skin, hair, and nails. Often, we work with well-known pharmaceutical companies, such as Allergan®, Valeant®, and Galderma®. In most cases, the companies we assist are seeking U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval or clearance.
To learn more about our dermatology clinical trials in Mt. Kisco, request a consultation online or call our practice at (914) 223-8056.
Our Research Contributions
The role of our Westchester dermatology center is to evaluate new and/or reformulated versions of oral and topical medications designed to treat skin conditions such as acne, actinic keratosis, psoriasis, and seborrheic dermatitis. We also perform trials for cosmetic treatments and products focused on anti-aging and skin rejuvenation, including dermal fillers and muscle relaxers (Botox & Dysport) treatments.
Our research center, under the direction of principal investigator Dr. David E. Bank, has been involved in the clinical trials for many products that are in common use today:
- Dermal fillers, such as JUVÉDERM® XC and Restylane®
- BOTOX® Cosmetic for crow's feet
- Dapsone gel for acne treatment
- Aldara cream for pre-cancerous lesions (actinic keratosis)
Our Highly Qualified Research Team
At The Center for Dermatology, Cosmetic and Laser Surgery, Dr. Bank is the principal investigator for all of our clinical trials. Together with the research team (made up of other physicians in our practice), he has contributed to advances in products and treatments in both medical and cosmetic dermatology.
Beyond his research efforts, here is a quick overview of Dr. Bank's other credentials:
- Founder and director of The Center for Dermatology, Cosmetic and Laser Surgery
- Graduate of Yale University and Columbia University
- Certified by the American Board of Dermatology
- More than 25 years of experience performing BOTOX treatments
- Author of Beautiful Skin: Every Woman's Guide to Looking Her Best at Any Age