Distinguished among board-certified plastic surgeons in Westchester County, NY, Dr. William B. Nolan has 25+ years of experience. He performs all cosmetic and plastic surgery procedures for patients of The Center for Dermatology, Cosmetic & Laser Surgery.
- American Board of Plastic Surgery, 1987
Education and Training
- Stanford University, B.Sc., 1972
- UCLA School of Medicine, M.D., 1978
- Stanford University General/Plastic Surgery Residency, 1978 to 1984
- Plastic Surgery/Hand Fellowship, Roosevelt Hospital Columbia University, 1982
- Cosmetic Surgery Fellowship, New York University, 1985
Medical School Awards for Teaching Excellence
- New York University, 1987
- Cornell University, 2004
- Program Director for Cosmetic Surgery Training, New York University/MEETH, 1985 to 1997
- Associate, CV Starr Center, New York, 1986 to 1997
- Editor, New York Plastic Surgery Foundation, 1985 to 2008
Produced over 100 professional teaching films in cosmetic surgery.
- Assistant Professor of Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Cornell University 1997 to 2005
- Co-Director Cornell Aesthetic Laser Center, Cornell University 2000 to 2005
- New York Magazine Best Doctors List, Plastic Surgery
- Castle and Connelly's "Top Doctors List" New York Metro area
- Associate, Spa-MD, La Jolla, California 2006 to 2008
Since 1980, Dr. Nolan has done volunteer work for children in Asia, Central America, and South America with the Interplast Surgery and Smile Train organizations.
- Nolan WB. Acute management of thermal injury. Annuals of Plastic Surgery. 7:243-51, 1991 Sept.
- Nolan WB. Vistnes LM. Correction of lower eyelid ptosis in the anophthalmic orbit: a long-term follow-up. Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. 72(3):289-93, 1983 Sep.
- Nolan WB. Eaton RG. A Darrach procedure for distal ulnar pathology derangements. Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research. (275):85-9, 1992 Feb.
- Nolan WB. Alkaitis D. Glickel SZ. Snow S. Results of treatment of severe carpal tunnel syndrome. Journal of Hand Surgery - American Volume. 17(6):1020-3, 1992 Nov.
- LeRoy JL Jr. Rees TD. Nolan WB. Infections requiring hospital readmission following face lift surgery: incidence, treatment, and sequelae. [Journal Article] Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. 93(3):533-6, 1994 Mar.
- Rees TD. Barone CM. Valauri FA. Ginsberg GD. Nolan WB. Hematomas requiring surgical evacuation following face lift surgery. [Journal Article] Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. 93(6):1185-90, 1994 May.
- Freund RM. Nolan WB. Correlation between brow lift outcomes and aesthetic ideals for eyebrow height and shape in females. [Journal Article] Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. 97(7):1343-8, 1996 Jun.
- Swift W, Nolan WB, Aston SJ. Endoscopic brow lift: objective results after one year. Aesthetic Surgery. 19: 287-292, 1999 July.
- Talmor M, Nolan WB, COX-2 upregulation in Idiopathic Carpal tunnel syndrome. Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, 122(7): 1807-1814, 2003.
- Newman M, Nolan WB. Management Strategy for Compartment Syndrome of the Upper Extremity arising during anticoagulation or thrombolytic therapy: an increasingly common surgical dilemma. Annals of Plastic Surgery, 51: 308-313,2003
- Patel M, Nolan WB, Talmor M. A prospective randomized comparison of Botox and Collagen for the treatment of glabellar rhytids. Annals of Plastic Surgery, 52 (5): 442-447, 2004.
- Danikas D, Neumeister M, Nolan W. Intrinsic hand deformity. Emedicine.com, 2004
- Ronel D, Spann M, Newman M, Nolan W. Skin resurfacing: Erbium Yag, Emedicine.com 2004.
- Nolan W. "In-between" facial aesthetic surgery, American Spa Magazine, March 2008.
- Nolan, W, Rees, T: Lower eyelid blepharoplasty, book chapter in Oculoplastic, Orbital, and Reconstructive Surgery, Ed. Hornblass, A, Williams and Wilkins, 485-499, 1988. Eaton RJ, Nolan W: Hand problems in performing artists, J. Medical Problems of Performing Artists, vol 3, no. 3, Oct, 1988.
- Nolan W, Eaton R: Painful neuromas of the upper extremity, in Management of Peripheral Nerve Problems, 2nd edition, Ed. Omer G, WB Saunders, 146-150, 1998.
- Nolan, W. Extensor tendon repair and reconstruction, in Plastic Surgery, eds. Mathes S, Hentz V, Saunders, 2005.